Are you someone who can never decide between chocolate and vanilla soft serve on a hot summer day? Embrace both with the amazingly scented Chocolate & Vanilla Lotion Bar, perfect for moisturizing dry or sensitive skin.
Chocolate & Vanilla Lotion Bar
2 tbs (30ml) organic cocoa butter
- 2 tsp (10ml) organic aloe vera butter
- 2 tbs (30ml) organic beeswax
- 2 tsp (10ml) organic avocado oil
1 tsp (5ml) non-GMO vitamin E oil
- 20 drops organic vanilla essential oil
- Oleum Vera Silicone Lotion Bar Mold
- Melt the butters, beeswax and avocado oil over a bain-marie (double-boiler). Don’t go anywhere : it often takes under a minute!
- Once melted, remove from heat immediately and mix in the vitamin E oil and the vanilla essential oil.
- Pour mixture into the lotion bar mold and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
Cocoa butter is known for its yummy dark chocolate scent and anti-inflammatory properties, and it’s even been proven to reduce the appearance of cellulite!
Aloe vera butter calms irritation and can help heal chapped or sunburned skin thanks to its naturally soothing properties.
Beeswax draws moisture to the skin and seals it in, as well as naturally soothing any itchiness caused by dry skin.
Avocado oil is a luxurious moisturizer that uses antioxidants to fight aging and boost your skin’s resilience.
Vitamin E oil safely extends the shelf life of your homemade beauty recipes, while adding a hearty dose of antioxidants.
Vanilla essential oil naturally relaxes the body, can relieve muscle pains and even carries powerful anti-aging benefits for the skin.
TIP: Always remember to patch test any skin care product or ingredient before using a large amount – your skin matters!