Ideal for normal or combination skin, this nourishing body butter is easy to make and banishes dry skin – leaving behind only silky smoothness and a delicate sweet orange scent.
Sweet & Simple Body Butter
2 tbs (30ml) organic shea butter
- 1 tbs (15ml) organic beeswax
- 2 tsp (10ml) organic cocoa butter
- 2 tsp (10ml) organic kukui nut oil
- 2 tsp (10ml) organic grapeseed oil
1 tsp (5ml) non-GMO vitamin E oil
- 20 drops organic sweet orange essential oil
- Melt the butters, beeswax and oil over a bain-marie (double-boiler). Don’t go anywhere : it often takes under a minute!
- Once melted, remove from heat immediately and let cool for two to three minutes on the counter.
- Mix in the vitamin E oil and the sweet orange essential oil.
- Let cool for two minutes, then mash into a soft butter using a spoon or your fingers.
Shea butter is a powerhouse ingredient for body butters, packed with nourishing fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants.
Beeswax draws moisture to the skin and seals it in, as well as naturally soothing any itchiness caused by dry skin.
Cocoa butter is known for its yummy dark chocolate scent and anti-inflammatory properties, and it’s even been proven to reduce the appearance of cellulite!
Kukui nut oil works wonders for moisturizing dry skin with vitamins A, E and C along with powerful antioxidants.
Grapeseed oil is a lightly moisturizing carrier oil that contributes to the smooth texture of your homemade body butter.
Vitamin E oil safely extends the shelf life of your homemade beauty recipes, while adding a hearty dose of antioxidants.
Sweet Orange essential oil is naturally anti-microbial and adds a yummy citrus scent to your homemade creations.
TIP: Always remember to patch test any skin care product or ingredient before using a large amount – your skin matters!