This soothing aloe vera body butter is perfect for calming dry or sensitive skin and has a deliciously natural vanilla aroma.
Gentle & Kind Body Butter
2 tbs (30ml) organic aloe vera butter
- 1 tbs (15ml) organic beeswax
- 2 tsp (10ml) organic cocoa butter
- 1 tsp (5ml) organic avocado oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) organic grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) organic kukui nut oil
1 tsp (5ml) non-GMO vitamin E oil
- 20 drops organic vanilla essential oil
- Melt the butters, beeswax and avocado, grapeseed and kukui nut oils over a bain-marie (double-boiler). Don’t go anywhere : it often takes under a minute!
- Once melted, remove from heat immediately and let cool for two to three minutes on the counter.
- Mix in the vitamin E oil and the vanilla essential oil.
- Let cool for two minutes, then mash into a soft butter using a spoon or your fingers.
Aloe vera butter calms irritation and can help heal chapped or sunburned skin thanks to its naturally soothing properties.
Beeswax draws moisture to the skin and seals it in, as well as naturally soothing any itchiness caused by dry skin.
Cocoa butter is known for its yummy dark chocolate scent and anti-inflammatory properties, and it’s even been proven to reduce the appearance of cellulite!
Kukui nut oil works wonders for moisturizing dry skin with vitamins A, E and C along with powerful antioxidants.
Grapeseed oil is a lightly moisturizing carrier oil that contributes to the smooth texture of your homemade body butter.
Avocado oil is a luxurious moisturizer that uses antioxidants to fight aging and boost your skin’s resilience.
Vitamin E oil safely extends the shelf life of your homemade beauty recipes, while adding a hearty dose of antioxidants.
Vanilla essential oil naturally relaxes the body, can relieve muscle pains and even carries powerful anti-aging benefits for the skin.
TIP: Always remember to patch test any skin care product or ingredient before using a large amount – your skin matters!