Do you love the smell of dark chocolate? The Chocolate Orange Lotion Bar has an aroma that’s so good you might be tempted to take a bite, but instead, use this homemade lotion bar to give your normal or combination skin the moisture it craves.
Chocolate Orange Lotion Bar
2 tbs (30ml) organic cocoa butter
- 2 tsp (10ml) organic shea butter
- 2 tbs (30ml) organic beeswax
- 2 tsp (10ml) organic kukui nut oil
1 tsp (5ml) non-GMO vitamin E oil
- 20 drops organic sweet orange essential oil
- Oleum Vera Silicone Lotion Bar Mold
- Melt the butters, beeswax and kukui nut oil over a bain-marie (double-boiler). Don’t go anywhere : it often takes under a minute!
- Once melted, remove from heat immediately and mix in the vitamin E oil and the sweet orange essential oil.
- Pour mixture into the lotion bar mold and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
Shea butter is a powerhouse ingredient for body butters, packed with nourishing fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants.
Beeswax draws moisture to the skin and seals it in, as well as naturally soothing any itchiness caused by dry skin.
Cocoa butter is known for its yummy dark chocolate scent and anti-inflammatory properties, and it’s even been proven to reduce the appearance of cellulite!
Kukui nut oil works wonders for moisturizing dry skin with vitamins A, E and C along with powerful antioxidants.
Vitamin E oil safely extends the shelf life of your homemade beauty recipes, while adding a hearty dose of antioxidants.
Sweet Orange essential oil is naturally anti-microbial and adds a yummy citrus scent to your homemade creations.
TIP: Always remember to patch test any skin care product or ingredient before using a large amount – your skin matters!